Wednesday, February 12, 2014

First Post: February 12, 2014

A well-established blog would certainly be more organized than I am at the moment; in fact, a well-established blogger would never do what I'm about to do: spend a year using this blog as an accountability partner.

Sound weird? Well, that's because it is. I came up with the idea spontaneously, and as all ideas go, it probably won't last a month, however I do want to attempt to do this. And what, exactly, do I plan on doing? Simply put, I want to write about my life each day, either short or long, either depressing or happy, either success or failure, in order to keep on the track I've set for myself.

First, a little about why today is significant: today would mark the second anniversary of getting together with my now-ex girlfriend. Although I can't say that I'm particularly depressed or anything (in fact, I don't really feel all that different from the way I normally do), it's still at the back of my mind, and has to be acknowledged. They say you always remember your first, and this is very true; not a February 12th will be able to pass me by without remembering the person I used to love more dearly than anything else in the world, even more than myself at some points.

That said, today is also a day where a lot is going to happen; I have a night class tonight, which I go to on Mondays and Wednesdays, and I also am on the second day of a pseudo-diet (meaning I had peach rings last night, but I couldn't help myself!). Besides finishing up an assignment for said class, I plan on taking a walk in order to have a chat with God, which may or may not seem like an odd thing to do, but once you get to know me a little more with each post, I think you'll understand.

Actually, as a bit of an explanation, allow me to clarify that for the past 2 and a half years, almost 3, I've been running away from Christianity, because it was easier to do things my own way. Well, at least I thought it was... it turns out that being a living example of Jonah isn't all it's cracked up to be, and I've made a lot of mistakes along the way. Some I regret, some I just have to accept are mistakes, and I'm sure the regret will come later; the consequences certainly have. Although I've only recently made a commitment to follow God again, I'm optimistic of where I'm headed for the first time, even if things aren't working out so great (for example, the girl I fancy has basically said God doesn't want us together, which although skeptical I'm inclined to believe, and she's seeing someone else. Ouch.), and I honestly think that thing will get better. Well, let's face it, they certainly can't get much worse.

At any rate, thanks for reading the first post in what I hope will be many! By next February 12th, I expect to have 365 posts, or really near to it.

-Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment